Wednesday, December 07, 2005

God Rest Ye Merry Torturers, A Children’s Story.

’Twas the night before Christmas, and all was still through the house. Not a creature was stirring, except those American prison guards with sharp knives…Gather around the campfire, boys and girls, Uncle Alva has a story to tell.

It’s all about a man named Benyam Mohammed. Wouldn’t you like to hear Mister Mohammed’s story, children? I’m sure he would certainly like to tell you all about it.

Mister Mohammed is a 26 year man from a place called London, England, who has spent the last two and a half years in prison as a “ghost detainee,” after being arrested three years ago in a very scary place called Pakistan.

The people who arrested him, who are called “US intelligence officials”, said Mohammed was a mean, mean man, who wanted to set off an al-Qaeda “dirty bomb” in a US city. How did these US intelligence officials came to such a conclusion? Gather around, boys and girls, for Mister Mohammed has quite a story to tell.

“They cut off my clothes with some kind of doctor’s scalpel. I was naked. I tried to put on a brave face.” Unfortunately children, for Mister Mohammed, he needed more than a brave face. “One took my penis in his hand and began to make cuts. He did it once, and they stood still for maybe a minute, watching my reaction. I was in agony. They must have done this 20 to 30 times, in maybe two hours. There was blood all over.”

But don’t worry, children. Mister Mohammed’s story of Christmas carnage was far from over: “They cut all over my private parts. One of them said it would be better just to cut it off, as I would only breed terrorists. I asked for a doctor.”

Benyam Mohammed spent the next 18 months in Morocco suffering. He would get the scalpel treatment, be given some time to heal, and then it would be back to the slicing and dicing. Doesn’t that sound like fun, boys and girls?

“There were even worse things. Too horrible to remember, let alone talk about. About once a week or even once every two weeks I would be taken for interrogation, where they would tell me what to say. They said if you say this story as we read it, you will just go to court as a witness and all this torture will stop. I eventually repeated what was read out to me.”

After this, all became quite throughout the house again. Days passed and nothing happened. But then late one night, on the rooftop, you could hear a clicky-click! And coming down that great big chimney, was old Saint Nick! With him, was Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blizen! But who could forget, but three mean-looking men wearing black masks!

“Then three men came in…It seemed to go on for hours. I was in so much pain I’d fall to my knees. They’d pull me back up and hit me again. They’d kick me in my thighs as I got up. I vomited within the first few punches…After that, there was to be no more first-class treatment. No bathroom. No food for a while.”

I guess we sure know who’s been naughty and who’s been nice, don’t we, children? “For 18 months, there was not one night when I could sleep well. Sometimes I would go 48 hours without sleep…They continued with two or three interrogations a month. They weren’t really interrogations, more like training me what to say…I suffered the razor treatment about once a month for the remaining time I was in Morocco, even after I’d agreed to confess to whatever they wanted to hear. It became like a routine. They’d come in, tie me up, spend maybe an hour doing it…Then they’d tip some kind of liquid on me - the burning was like grasping a hot coal. The cutting, that was one kind of pain. The burning, that was another.”

And the lesson we have all learned children, from this story? As one US interrogator told Benyam Mohammed, “We’re going to change your brain.”

Then on Monday, children, our very own Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice said, “The United States does not permit, tolerate, or condone torture under any circumstances…The U.S. does not transport and has not transported detainees from one country to another for the purpose of being tortured. The United States does not use the airspace or the airports of any country for the purpose of transporting a detainee to a country where he or she will be tortured.”

And Mister Mohammed I’m sure would agree with Condi, children. Make 30 long deep slits into a man’s penis for two hours, and he’ll say whatever you want him to.

Until next time boys and girls, remember that freedom isn’t free, and two plus two equals five.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alva Goldbook said...

Fellow Human Being,
On behalf of the United States, I would like to apologize to you personally for what my nation has done to you and your people.

Unfortunately, five years ago the United States suffered a coup, and we now have a Hitler-like madman running the world's only superpower, and he has chosen to fight a "Christian" Holy War against your people, and to control Muslim Holy Lands in order to enrich his oil business friends.

I can only hope, that when this President is impeached in 2007, that it will bring you some peace and justice to your lives that my nation has so utterly destroyed.

Despite what you may otherwise believe, the American People distain blowing children to bits with high explosives as much as you do. We are fighting here at home too, you see, to bring back Democracy and self-determination to our great nation, as I know you are fighting to bring the same to your own country.

As I realize that you are not a Christian, and may very well abhor the religion, I know that Jesus is with you, and remember his prophetic words:

"Those who are last shall be first, and those who are first, shall be LAST."

Peace be with you, my friend, and I can only hope that the last three years of horrors brought to you via the US taxpayers, will soon be brought to a close.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Alva Goldbook said...

Fellow Human Being,
Thank you for your kind words. It gives me much pleasure to say that I, and now the VAST MAJORITY of this country are supportive for your cause of democracy and self-determination. You have our pledge, that we as good Christians believe we must continue to fight our current fascist administration, which is so dedicated to the beheading of innocent Iraqi children with high-powered explosives. I hope that your battle for liberty is soon won, and we can stand united together as brothers in peace, with a new Iraq that is ONCE AGAIN peaceful, united, and free.

Sixty-four years ago another fascist who sought to control the entire globe, Adolf Hitler, threatened the world with his militaristic ambitions. Unfortunately, at the time, a few Republican nay-sayers didn’t see the point in fighting this fascist scourge that had overcome Europe. The result was that 64 years ago to this day, fascists blew up Pearl Harbor. With the new fascist threat, today occupying the White House, those very same Republicans again refuse to stand up against him and for democracy.

The lesson, my friend, is that you cannot appease a fascist. You must fight until victory is had, and I am very pleased to see yourself so dedicated to peace and freedom for your own nation, as I am of mine. God willing, I hope that our battle for democracy is won, and preserved for all time.

P.S. The American People have had quite enough of these DLC Democrats like Lieberman and Hillary Clinton. Already, there are two prominent progressive Democrats who seek to win the party nomination for Clinton’s New York Senate seat in 2006. Lieberman, too, will be forced to deal with progressive challenges in his re-election bid for 2006, and all of them will be outted as the closet Republicans they are.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home