Monday, October 31, 2005

Alabama, Here I Come.

Tomorrow I will be going on “vacation”. I will be traveling to the Virginia countryside, through Tennessee, to Alabama. I will be visited some friends of mine, and to see the deepest parts of the Deep South. I am hoping to see the Gulf Coast line, to see what is left of the destruction left over from Hurricane Katrina.

I will be gone for about a week and a half, and while gone, I will have no internet access. Therefore, there will be no further updates of Nitwit Planet until late next week.

’Till then, I wish you all well, and hopefully I will have stories worth sharing to tell you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger M A F said...

Fans? That is hilarious!

All the Democrats that you listed prior to 2002 are hardly relevant. Lest of course you are arguing that Bush decided to invade Iraq predicated upon information going back to 1998. (see selected talking points quotes)

It is illogical and unsound to predicate one's decisions relying upon information that was 4-5+ years old. This is really a poor argument to make to validate the invasion of Iraq.

Think about this for a moment, Republicans (and the party supporters) relying upon the words of Clinton and the members of his administration despite their fervent belief that he is a liar as are the members of his administration. (Oh the irony.)

That said, I have no problem referring to the rest of the named DLC members as liars who carried Bush's water and his lies. They too lied predicated upon the intelligence information that Bush provided both houses of congress (see Rockefeller and Byrd quotes).

Again, while I agree that these Democrats were telling lies they were not advocating (not even those statements made in 1998-9) for the invasion of Iraq like Bush. But I digress.

When you start listing statements that Democrats made after Bush's State of the Union Address, and the Powell presentation before the UN you really undermine your desire to pillory the Democrats.

In the future I'd suggest that you only post the comments made previously to 2001. This way the Democrats lies stand alone.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home