Monday, September 26, 2005

The Saudis Call The Iraq War Destabilizing.

The Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal and his government is concerned that the war in Iraq could lead to the destabilization of the entire Middle East. Al-Faisal said a possible break up of Iraq “will draw the countries of the region into conflict.” Fearing Iran’s influence as the Iraqi Shiites gain more control of Iraq, al-Faisal said the Bush administration ignored Saudi warnings that an Iraq war would lead to destabilizing effect on the region. Prince Saud said, “It is frustrating to see something that is clearly going to happen, and you are not listened to by a friend, and soon harm comes out of it. It hurts.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw Al-Faisal on TV talking about this, all I could think of was he and Bush holding hands. I had to laugh. I suppose they have had a lovers' spat, and this is payback time.

Of course Iraq is a destabilizing force in the Middle East. I can't believe it took him this long to say it out loud! I wonder if our current oil woes, due to the hurricanes, gave him the shot of courage he'd been lacking.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home