Wednesday, December 21, 2005

We Are A Community.

When I started Nitwit Planet, just over a year ago, I envisioned the comment section as a place on the web for all of us to share, and to have a free and open dialog where we can all freely share our opinions, whether we agree with each other or not.

I am happy to say that the comment section has served this purpose quite well, even among those of us who are extreme right wingers.

Unfortunately, someone have abused this system, and used it as if the comment section was their own blog. Out of the last 57 comments that have been made, 40 of them has been from one individual.

I have received several e-mails, and had it expressed to me several times, from several people with their displeasure that one individual is essentially ruining the reading experience for all of us, but I have defended this person’s right to say what he wishes, time and time again.

It occurs to me that things cannot continue as it has in the past, lest my faithful readers become utterly disgusted with it.

For this reason, I have come to a decision, and not lightly, that there will be some slight changes made to the comments section. I hate to have to do this, but it seems there is no other way around it.

From now on, all comments must be approved by me. Unfortunately, because of this, comments will no longer be made in real time, but will have a delay until I can review them, and approve them. This is how the journalspace site has worked from day one, and it has worked quite well. There is typically only a 24 hour wait for approval.

Unfortunately, only one person has strayed from what is courteous and polite in the comments section. For that reason, here are the following guidelines that all comments must follow:

1. All comments must be courteous and polite.
2. Everyone is welcomed to link whatever they wish to the comments section, but the links must work at the time of posting.
3. Copy and pasting news stories will not be permitted. If you wish to link a relevant news story, feel free to do so. If you need any help with linking such a news story, let me know, and I will gladly help you out.
4. Copy and pasting entire paragraphs of the posts will not be permitted.
5. Spamming the comments section will not be permitted. If you have a lot to say, do it in a concise manner, and do it with 1 to 2 posts.
6. Everyone is still completely welcomed to comment, so long as they are courteous enough to follow these guidelines.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

comment test.

8:17 AM  
Blogger M A F said...

Alva,

While I understand you desire to have an open comment section, it is quite understandable to see the reasons for implementing change.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home