Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Homeland Security Chief Lies On Meet The Press.

Last Sunday, on Meet the Press, Tim Russert asked Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, “People were stunned by a comment the president of the United States made on Wednesday, Mr. Secretary. He said, ‘I don’t think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees.’ How could the president be so wrong, be so misinformed?”

Chertoff’s response was “Well, I think if you look at what actually happened, I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, ‘New Orleans Dodged The Bullet.’”

Which newspapers could he have been talking about?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alva Goldbook said...

Miami,
No, I do not expect Chertoff, or ANYONE in the administration to memorize newspaper headlines. But if that wasn't the case, then WHY DID HE MAKE THE CLAIM?

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home