Monday, September 12, 2005

A Open Letter To Brownie.

I saw this on the Democratic Underground and thought it deserved a reprint:

Dear Brownie,

Since you didn’t seem fully prepared for the last hurricane that hit our shores, I am taking it upon myself to let you know that another hurricane is headed our way. My local weather forecaster said that Hurricane Ophelia is predicted to hit land on Tuesday, in South Carolina. This would be a real good time to pre-position your people in advance of the storm’s landfall. Make sure they have lots of water and food with them to help people whose homes may be destroyed.

Fortunately for you, the state of South Carolina is much closer to Washington D.C. than Louisiana. A quick glance at my United States atlas shows that you can get there by taking Interstate 95 out of D.C., south through the city of Virginia, continuing south through the entire state of North Carolina, and poof! There you are. If you need more detailed directions, MapQuest is an excellent resource.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I have no illusions that I will ever be rewarded for my efforts by hearing George W. Bush tell me I did a heck of a job, but I am still happy to help in any way that I can.

Sincerely,

tanyev
Concerned Citizen

1 Comments:

Blogger Alva Goldbook said...

cool, I'll check it out.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home